Friday, September 12, 2008

Last days in London

I've had a very mellow last few days which was just what I needed but made me into a lazy blogger. After Cornwall I spent a few more days with Mark and Lee. The weather was pretty wet, so I stayed close to home and caught up on laundry etc. Lee made another delicious dinner and I was able to sample that last Cornish taste that I'd somehow overlooked on the roadtrip: Scrumpy Jack (a traditional hard cider-not bad!).

On Monday, Lee took me on a great walking tour of some areas of East London (Shoreditch and Clerkenwell). I really love those parts - a bit more laid back and edgier at the same time, with tons of little hipster cafes and galleries. Plus the pub where most of Jack the Ripper's victims were last seen.

Monday night I took the train out to my friends Shannon and Richard in Egham, near Windsor. Great to see them and catch up. And to see how much their little girl, Maddie, had grown since I'd been there last! We kicked the ball around in the yard and for an almost-3-year-old, I can tell you Maddie has a mean right foot. Spent my time out at Shannon and Richard's chilling and getting ready for my next destination, Turkey, eating fantastic curry from their local takeout, and watching that crazy Formula 1 race from Belgium. For my first race it was evidently a doosy. I still can't believe they stripped Hamilton of the win.

Anyway, onward to Istanbul! Thanks Mark and Lee and Shannon and Richard for all of the hospitality in England!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

0 comments: